Sunday, April 12, 2009

Technology for the Classroom

So there are so many different options to use in the classroom. My biggest concern is how am I giong to have the time to impliment technology in my classroom? I have written so many lesson plans in the last few weeks and there are so many things you need to add to your lessons that it seems so hard to include technology on a regular basis. I am not talking about PowerPoint or SMARTboard technology. I mean how do you use virtual worlds to interact with a classroom over seas. You would first need to find a time that you are both in school, since you are on such a differnet time schedule. Then it would take up an entire period just to work with the technology. My problem is, I cannot wait till 2:30 to have all my classes come in to interact on a virtual world with someone that comes from France. It would be much easier in an elementary classroom where I am able to work more with time. I just dont see how it would be possible for every class. I also am weiry about how much technolgy students are using. Our schools are run by such a 19th century thinking, that it is almsot hard to use technology and to help prepare students for the examinations. I dont mean teach to the test, but it will be difficult! Thats it for this week!!

1 comment:

  1. These are good points. I understand where you are coming from with the time situation. I think we need to try to do the best we can with the time we have. Hopefully as we get more experiance things will get easier. I also think that each year you can add more information into your lessons.

    ReplyDelete