Saturday, February 14, 2009

Games, Virtual Reality

I am so fortunate to have grown up with the new technology as they have come out. My first game I ever owned was the original Sega game system. I would have never imagined that when I started playing Sega, and started playing super Mario brothers, that the virtual world would change around us. Games have gotten better graphics, they are easier to use, and they are so much quicker.
I have not really had the chance to use much virtual reality in my lifetime. Though I know the basics, children and teens have gotten so used to these technology that it would be almost silly not to use the technology in our classrooms. If they are going to help the students feel more hands on than it is a great technology to use.
As a french major a Virtual reality world would be a great tool to allow students to communicate with another classroom from a french speaking part of the world. Imagine how much faster it would be than sending them in the mail. As new technology comes out, it is so important to see how they can be used in a classroom and not just as something they use on their free time. They need to understand the rules behind these virtual worlds too to stay safe and away from people who misuse the Internet. I think they are all great possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment